Monday, October 05, 2015

The Sandwich is Going Bad

Wow.


I was wondering just when this "Sandwich Generation" thing was going to become unmanageable.  We have our answer: 


After years of doling out cash to help our money-strapped kids, THEIR kids now need expensive dental work.  The sort of thing our generation would have let go.  After all, those baby teeth will fall out.  There is no way my parents would have spent thousands of dollars on bad baby teeth.


Of course the answer is simple:  no more cash to give them.


Now for the upper crust of the sandwich.


My MIL is losing it.  Really, really losing it.  I don't think it looks like Alzheimer's, but more like dementia.  On the other hand, there are no outside influences to look into for her memory loss.


She can't hear, and cannot manage hearing aids.  She fears the neighborhood is too quiet, so she can't rest at night.


We are finding lunches and suppers left in the microwave.  She loses anything that isn't nailed to her hands.  Even her stories, which we've heard a million times are starting to suffer from her memory loss.


The only good thing is that others notice it too.  Now family is starting to come forward to help.  Goodness knows I am stretched beyond the limit.


After two weeks of nonstop coughing, snotting and just feeling gawd-awful, I no longer am able to stop by.  I dread what I will find.


It's time to call her, and I am afraid to dial the number.  What new problem is waiting?  And will it be another unsolvable one?  Or will it be another indication that medical intervention is needed?


Will I be able to handle it?


How long will I be able to handle her?


pb
Little Pond



1 comment:

Joyce Hillary said...

Hello everyone, i'm Linda Harry from United State i was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease  for over 6 years which made me loose my job and my relationship with my Fiance after he discovered that i was having Parkinson, he departed from me, and i tried all my best to make him stays, but he neglected me until a friend of mine  from UK told me Great healer, who will restore my life back with his powerful healing herbal medicine. then he  sent me his email address to contact him- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and i quickly contacted him, and he said my condition can be solved, that he will treat the disease immediately only if i can accept trust on him and accept his terms and condition, i Agreed because i was so much in need of help by all means, so i did all he instructed me to do. And surprisingly after two weeks, He sent me a text, that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now ( PARKINSON NEGATIVE) my eyes filled with tears and joy, crying heavily because truly the disease deprived me of many things from my life, This is a Miracle, dr imoloa also uses his powerful herbal medicine to cure the following diseases:  lupus disease,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,   back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,   Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,   Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,     Cystic Fibrosis,   Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease,  impotence,  feta alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer. contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and also on whatssap- +2347081986098