Friday, June 23, 2006

Update to Shopping in the Closet

Hope you're reading this before you try my little trick:

Ask the cobbler to use stretchers when he redyes your shoes.

Both pair of pointy-toed shoes came back too tight. Now it's is taking me a lot of time to correct with my shoe stretcher. Too quickly and the leather can unsew. But only one stretcher (they can be expensive) and four shoes.

My blue ones are nearly back to normal. The dark purple ones are still killing me.

Ask the cobbler to use stretchers when he redyes your shoes.

They WILL shrink with the dye job. I should have known better, but it's been a few since I last redyed my own.


BTW, I would guess that the newer, much longer, pointy-toed shoes wouldn't create this sort of problems, but you may want to ask, just to be sure. Especially if you don't have a stretcher. Like I say, they can be expensive.


A decent pair of stretchers will cost more than $40.00. If you constantly wet your shoes walking in marshy woods, like I do with HuggaMutt, they may be worth it. Still, I couldn't afford more than one at a time.

Just a heads-up.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: