Monday, August 21, 2006

S'Wonnerful

Seemed that self-catherizing would be the natural conclusion to what has been a growing problem. Incontinence, both the GottaGo-GottaGo kind and the HurryUp--Can'tGo sort, is simply getting worse. With some fellow-blogger encouragement and a referral from my neuro, "I took the plunge," if you'll forgive the bathroom analogy.

Where does that leave me? "Relieved." It's wonderful to be able to empty my bladder. That simple action has been impossible for well over a decade, maybe longer. So in that sense, I'm "flushed" with victory.

But the process still leaves me fretful and reluctant to take it to work. I start work completely comfortable, but progress to worry as the night goes on. Drinking less water doesn't solve it: a completely private restroom would. There are none to be had at the paper; turns out the remotest ladies room is frequented by others who would have privacy! I wind up "evacuating" in a hurry, in both senses of the word.

In short, "when Nature calls" me, there is no easy answer.

It's my "number one" problem. I'll keep you posted.

pb
Little Pond

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this is working for you -- sort of. At least you don't need help from someone else. Talk about having NO privacy!

mdmhvonpa said...

Lol ... cute. Ever turn on the faucet while visiting the lavatory?

pb said...

That worked for potty training the little ones, but won't for damaged nerves.

It was patiently explained to me by Husband RJ a long time ago, so believe me, I've tried it.

BTW, I reviewed the video link, and it doesn't really deal with micturition, but let it stand. It's still funny. Brits just aren't as stodgy as we are about such things.

Christina K Brown said...

I've been told I may have to learn to self-cath....



ugggggggg..........


yippee.....


spikkeee....

Have Myelin? said...

I too have the joys of trying to make myself pee. I turn on the water but I'm deaf. LOL. Soooo, I stick my hand in the water! If that fails, I just get in the shower. Talk about taking a lot of time!!!

Wouldn't work if I was working.

I sure took "nature's calls" for granted.