Friday, June 05, 2009

More about the naughty bits.

I started this whole "naughty bits" thing because I couldn't find a way into mentioning something delicate but important.

During the "first" attack of MS that hit me in, I think, 1995, I lost a lot of feeling in my body before we could staunch it with Solumedrol.

The numbness had moved all the way up my legs and arms. My very core was beginning to numb out. In fact, I knew the Solumedrol was working when I got my monthly period and began to have cramps. The doctor let me out of the hospital a few days later.

That attack left me with very little feeling in my pubic region. That is to say that what were once excruciatingly painful menses became just crampy, despite the monthly clogging of my pelvic varicose veins. That's right, varicose veins. And also cysts. AND endometriosis.

Much of which I have passed on to my unlucky daughters.

Of course, perimenopause, and finally, the real deal, menopause, have alleviated all that. I'm not finished in that department, either.

It was strange that there were actually benefits to the damage done by Multiple Sclerosis.

There's more, though. Later.

I have to go to work now.

pb
Little Pond

4 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Interesting... I too have horrible cramps but I have been getting some acupuncture and that really helps if I stay on it.

pb said...

My original neuro, since retired, used to tell me that acupuncture would be good for MS, too. He also said that it would be necessary to keep with it, and that would be expensive. For menstrual cramps, though, it would surely be worth it in order to continue a normal workweek.

Miss Chris said...

I'm in perimenopause and can't wait to get it all over with.

BRAINCHEESE said...

I don't care if it's peri or meno...I just wish it would PAUSE!