Sunday, December 31, 2006

Made it through the holidays!

Well, almost. It's ten a.m. on New Year's Eve. I will not party tonight, but at least I have a four day weekend. Courtesy of working Christmas night. My immediate boss will rejoin us this week, and we have no idea when he will be whisked away to Johnson City. I did his job here all week. It cost Gannett less than one hour of overtime. It used to cost about five or six. So we really aren't needed as much as before, I guess.

President Ford's funeral will tie up the weekend. The most unfortunate side effect would have to be the loss of one day's mail delivery. Since it was not predicted, our bills may all arrive a day or two late. Didn't think of that, did you?? Neither did I, until I realized that I can't get bills mailed until Wednesday.

Today we are taking a short, happy hop to the Mall for a Dachshund Calendar. But of course! Discounted by half, maybe. I feel okay, but Husband RJ has a wicked sinus infection that's leaving him tired. Also a messed up night's sleep yesterday.

Happy, Healthy New Year to You All
With much love,

pb
Little Pond

No comments: