Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'll survive

Banish any crazy thoughts of renal failure.


Three days on a very expensive antibiotic is beginning to clear things up a bit.  Unfortunately, such a long time before seeing the doctor has left me in pain for a while to come.


A huge copay and a long recovery period should teach me not to self diagnose next time.  Without the copay, Levaquin costs over $400 for 14 horse pills.  And the inflammation will take weeks to go away.


How's an MSer supposed to know what went wrong?  I thought I might have pulled a back muscle, so I waited for it to subside on its own.  And it did subside.  The remaining pain stayed along for the ride.


Not all better, but at least on the mend.


Oh, and having a new grandson (7 lbs, 2.6 oz and 20.5 inches long) (3.25 kilos and 52.07 cm) born just yesterday also eases the pain.


pb
Little Pond

No comments: