Thursday, June 07, 2012

I gave up

No, not in my fight against the MS.  I gave up trying to find my bikini-line razors.

Thank heavens for Amazon.

I think I may have gotten my first set from Sam's Club, but damned if I can find them at Walmart, Walgreens, RiteAid, or anywhere else around here.

I got sick of searching and went online.

Why so important, just now?

Well, as my readers know, I am not shy about the fact that I shave "down there."  Not just the bikini line, either.  Year-round, regardless of the weather or dress.  Incontinence makes this a necessity.

I can't stand to be "dirty."  Tena just loves me; I am their best customer.  I would rather skip a meal or two than go without a fresh pad.  And the Super-thins are very expensive:  more like a few meals.

When I was amassing all the medical input for the Social Security Disability claim, it was imperative that I establish medical documentation for everything.  Everything.  That led me to the local Urologic Partners in Elmira.

The Assistant at the Urologists noted my freshly-shaven bottom, and mentioned that one of the head honchos there wanted to know why some women shaved.  Obviously a person fond of furry kitties, if you catch my drift.

She was very disappointed to hear my sensible reason.  Apparently she'd been collecting sexier answers from the clientele.  And my guess, although she didn't actually say so, was that most pro-shavers do it for the same reason that Linda Lovelace did.

Not me.  Not now.

Parenthetically, there is a comedienne on Comedy Central who does a who schtick on Brazilian waxing.  One punchline has to do with, "and the lips?" "NO!  No lips, thank you."

Now that really gives me the shivers!  I had to get drunk just to wax my legs, and I gave up on my underarms decades ago.  Same for the Epilady, which left me vulnerable to ingrown hairs in a week or two. 

I reiterate:  Thank heavens for Amazon. Noxema disposable bikini shavers: 15 for 23 bucks, shipping included.  They are properly curved and don't give too close a shave.

Who needs shaving bumps in the bikini area?

pb
Little Pond

1 comment: