Tuesday, April 15, 2014

As I was going to St. Ives

I met a man who lost his eyes.  When I was first diagnosed, there used to be an MS Society branch in town.  (Thanks for nothing, MS Society.)


There, I met a man who awoke the week before to find he was rapidly losing his sight.  When I say rapidly, I mean that this man could now no longer drive a car, just one week later.  He had learned that he had MS and expected to be completely blind in a few weeks.


So why on earth would I skip the eye doctor for two years?  Yep, two years, during which my sight deteriorated enough that my glasses were no longer any use to me.


I am now the happy owner of new lenses and a much clearer outlook on life.  Even as I write, I can sense the strange numbness/tingling completely ringing my eye socket.  I am tired and can almost feel the muscle drooping.


Lesson learned:  Get thee to an Eye Doctor.


What's more, if you have MS, you need an ophthalmologist and not just an optometrist.


If you don't have one, get one.


pb
Little Pond

No comments: