Saturday, April 12, 2014

Ooops

Okay, so it's been some time since I went on hold.


Frankly, I should have known.  No sooner did I think I was doing well than I began slipping.


I am now depressed over many things, not the least of which are the deaths of my parents and the time and energy suck of checking in with my MIL.


Please don't get me wrong.  My MIL is an ancient dear.  I love her to pieces.


But.


On a day to day basis, it is draining the life and peace out of me.  She is slipping, slipping, slipping, and I am not up to it.  I only check in on her a couple times a week, but then it's damage control.


She's just barely self-sufficient and increasingly lonely without her husband.  She does little things that herald her need for assisted living.  Last week she decided to sweep her porch after dark.  Locked herself out.  A neighbor came to her rescue.


She is content to rely on her neighbors.  She knows that every incident brings her closer to assisted living.  She won't contact us during these crises.


We got her Great Call 5 Star, and are hoping for the best.


In the meantime, I am not really up to dealing with her decline.


My own is giving me enough trouble.


pb


btw:  looks like it's time to redesign

No comments: