Monday, July 18, 2005

Roseland Hangover

Roseland trip was lots of fun, if rather abbreviated. The sun peeked in and out, but we didn't see rain until we headed back down Route 14, along Lake Seneca. This always seems to happen in the summer. Daughter VeggieGirl carried the tubes, and has about the same intolerance for heights as mine. She also had to work the next day, same as me. Cloudiness spared me the heat exhaustion I usually experience at parks.

The stairs are very high, and tiring for me. But the lovely lazy-river ride and the wave pool are both manageable for anyone. And there is a kiddie-splash pool that's easy too. We did the place in about 2 1/2 hours. With the round-trip drive, it's a pretty long day at about six hours. Stopped for a sweet breakfast at the Montage Restaurant of a lakeside motel just above Watkins Glen. Had to do battle with the WineFest traffic, you know.

Lunch was a sitdown hotdog and pretzel with nacho cheese. That must have been loaded with MSG, because I am (as is VeggieGirl, who usually is not allergic) paying the price today. Cramps and, well, you can guess. Treat the stuff with Maalox and antihistamine. And plenty of rest. Near a clean, well-aired powder room, thank you.

I'll let you know when I'm ready to laugh about it.

pb
Little Pond

No comments: