Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I am very excited, but...

Two days after dropping Lisinopril, the coughing's gone. Doc gave me Diovan (Valsartan) instead. The copay is a lot higher, but we should be able to save by purchasing on a quarterly basis. Blood pressure is way down already.

Funny thing, lower blood pressure feels different. Logey in the mornings. And when I use the Omron monitor, it doesn't pinch so much. But they always say there are no symptoms to high blood pressure...

Had a bladder accident at work (sorry if you're a coworker)! Don't know if it's med-related. The paper has shut down the air conditioning. Officially it's broken, but the fact that it's right on schedule (October 1!) would make turning it off far more likely. Workers who access the typesetters spend the night bathed in sweat. That would be me. And we know heat is bad for MSers.

We were putting the paper to bed, and the bladder simply twinged and leaked, soaking me. I walked to the ladies' room, all the way over to the other side of the building (men's room near my work station, don't you know). Cleaned up as best I could and went home. Washed and changed clothes. Returned to work. Took about 20 minutes. Except for my boss, no one knew I'd left.

Was it the heat? Or the Diovan?

pb
Little Pond

No comments: