Thursday, July 27, 2006

Disability?

Fighting it, fighting it... But I am just about ready to give up. Last night was so bad, what with the malfunctioning system, and lack of air conditioning, and on top of that, hints that we are simply using so much overtime. We spent all night fighting the poor conditions.

I am now exacerbating, with almost overwhelming dysaesthesia in my feet to my knees, my hands, that strange electric feeling in my neck, loss of hearing and increasing incontinence. I mentioned it to my boss, who exploded, telling me to sue and be damned (or some such).

I was up all night changing protection, to keep the bed dry.

Tonight I will ask for a status report. If the place is not making some sort of progress, I will need disability time.

There's another lady who has MS, and I think she just disappears when there's no AC in her department. Just quietly falls out of sight.

I'm thinking I won't go quietly. They've had more than ten years to adjust and provide accomodations. I'll be damned if I'm going quietly. If Mamma ain't happy...

pb
Little Pond

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darest I say, "What an arse?" about the ol' boss type? At least if "you be damned", you'll have several other MSers right beside you...wherever we go when we're "damned"! LOL

Great blog...I'll be back (No, this is not the governor of California)

Linda D. in Seattle

Anonymous said...

Don't give up without a fight! I'm rooting for you BlogSis!

mdmhvonpa said...

Hostile working environment?