Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Another diagnosis

I finally went for an xray, to determine if there was a kidney stone.


There wasn't.  The doctor referred me back to my usual family physician, presumably because he has my MS history and knows more.


Now the diagnosis is a sprained lower left back.  With the heat therapy and prescription Naprosin, I am finally getting some relief from the pain.  The expensive antibiotic did clear up the leukocytes and blood in the urine, so I think I will save it for later.  UTI's are a constant threat for me.


For now, it's pain killers, heat stick-ons (which work very well, thank you very much), and physical therapy will begin three times a week, starting Wednesday.  It's at the end of the day, when I am shakiest, so it should be interesting to observe.  Let's hope it's not painful to accomplish.


pb
Little Pond

No comments: